Illustrator Teaching Gig
Off to the Manchester Creative Studio today for a whirlwind teaching gig. I was challenged with getting through all of the following, in the space of a single day:
- intro to individual/organisation, and examples of their work
- introduction to the software/equipment/platform and acclimatisation/testing
- students split into teams to work on a product or output
- product is created
- students feedback to group
- written reflection and portfolio update
Ideally, I’d have liked 2 or 3 sessions, as it’s impossible to more than scratch the surface of a big software package in a single day. But, as I emphasised to the students; I’m there to familiarise them with the interface and basic functions —and to give them enough knowledge to exlpore further in their own time.
Anyway, the session seemed to go alright in the circumstances. we had a few laughs and the students seemed to enjoy the “pick a random scenario out of a hat and illustrate it” team task I set them. I also got some positive feedback from the course tutor afterwards.